Ticker

Recent 5

Book Review

 

By :: Muhammmad Ibrahim Abbasi

The name of book is 11 life lessons from Nelson Mandela written by his grandson Nedaba Mandela. This book was published in 2018.

In this book Nadaba discussed about his granddad and his own family life. If I review this book I will say that Nelson Mandela was very careful about discipline. 

When Nadaba was met with Nelson Mandela first time in his life, he was just 7 years old child. He met with old man in prison, few days after this meeting Nelson Mandela got bail from prison after 27 years almost three decades. He got arrested due to support of farmers uprising, and traveling outside the country without passport. 

According to this book Nelson Mandela was not a good family man , he played lead role in divorce of Nadaba's parents. But he was very good leader he fought against racism and  discrimination. He was very loving and caring for childrens. Once he said, the thing that I missed more in prison is the voice of childrens. He was also strict about studies and own culture. The very important thing of his personality is, he was listened to everyone with full attention, moreover he was also a very good storyteller. He said, if you want to beat your enemy you'll have to learn his language. 

Nadaba writes, one day I brought a dog  in my house, my grandad seen and say, if you want to keep it in this house you'll have to give him food on time and take care of this then I said,no problem I'll manage then he replied , think about those  who have nothing to eat they're dying with hunger and you want to keep a dog in house get this out now. 

Moreover he says, One day I lost my uniform's  sweater and said sorry to my grandad for that , then I  requested him for a brand new sweater and he accepted my request. But after some days I lost  my sweater again then I was very sacred. Hence I requested him again for the new sweater but this time he looked unhappy and aggressive and  then he sent me out of the house for spending whole night. After sometime he came and brought me back and said why you're careless about your responsibilities? and don't do it again Nadaba I said ,OK grandad. 

Nelson Mandela got Nobel prize in 1993. He elected a first black president of South Africa in 1994 and  died in December 2013.

Nadaba's parents died due to AIDS, therefore he established an organization for awareness of AIDS and some other prospectives in South Africa. 

This book inspired me very much. I think we shouldn't give up . We should fight for our rights till our last breath. Moreover we should give respect our culture,norms and language. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments